Payment is processing...
DO NOT refresh browser
Impoving Your Cultural Intelligence (CQ) DIY Learning Circle
Date and TimeMon, Mar 12 2018 11:00 -
Tue, Mar 27 2018 15:30
Who is it for
Singapore, Singapore, , Singapore View Map
Globalization is no longer an option but a necessity, especially in the environs of Singapore. We may be a small cosmopolitan city but our larger engagements internationally are critical for business and usually unavoidable socially. So it is imperative that we increase our competencies in relating and interacting with other cultures so as to function effectively and successfully.
Be prepared to learn in this course on how to improve your cultural intelligence (CQ) competencies using a model that is systematic and easy to follow.
First, discover a little of who you really are in the onboarding session and begin to appreciate what the premise of Cultural Intelligence and how it applies to you. We will introduce a simple but holistic model that will set you on a course of increasing your cultural intelligence.
The digital sessions thereafter will provide bite sized sessions for you to learn the each components of the model. You will get insights and understanding so that you may apply the concepts practically with understanding and comprehension.
With the completion of the course, the model will become a part of your life and guiding you through the tricky cultural interactions and making you better in CQ compared to your peers!
Understand your Cultural Intelligence (CQ) level now!
Learn a CQ model to improve your competencies in interacting in cross-cultural encounters.
Kick-start your personal engagements with greater CQ savvy and start winning.
Become part of the CQ community to help each other!
Burning desire to learn, apply and improve.
Reflecting on learning from the workshop and how it applies to me. Applying/adjusting as you navigate in cross cultural interations both at work and leisure.
Topics and agenda
1. A Warm WelcomeDigital On boarding | 15 MinutesBy Chih Wee Siow, Associate Trainer & Consultant
Get all participants on board and do a bit of practice
To achieve a sense of comfort in our digitally-blended learning environment
2 questions, 1 poll, 15 contributions,
2. Part 1 - CQ Intro - Why CQ?Workshop | 25 MinutesBy Chih Wee Siow, Associate Trainer & Consultant
Provide an introduction to the Cultural Intelligence (CQ).
Why Cultural Intelligence (CQ)?
3 questions, 1 poll, 8 contributions,
3. Part 2 - CQ Intro - CultureWorkshop | 25 MinutesBy Chih Wee Siow, Associate Trainer & Consultant
What and Why of culture?
1 questions, 2 poll,
4. Part 3 - CQ Intro - Who are you?Workshop | 15 MinutesBy Chih Wee Siow, Associate Trainer & Consultant
To learn and understand about oneself.
5. Part 4 - CQ Intro - CQ ModelWorkshop | 40 MinutesBy Chih Wee Siow, Associate Trainer & Consultant
Introduction to the Livermore CQ Model and application.
4 questions, 1 poll,
6. Online Component 1: CQ DriveOnline at your own time and pace | 30 MinutesBy Chih Wee Siow, Associate Trainer & Consultant
This online session will provide a more in-depth look into the David Livermore's first CQ component called the CQ Drive.
1. Understand what is CQ Drive 2. Learn what's your motivation to interact cross-culturally 3. How to improve your CQ Drive
4 questions, 2 poll,
7. Online Component 2: CQ KnowldegeOnline at your own time and pace | 30 MinutesBy Chih Wee Siow, Associate Trainer & Consultant
CQ Knowledge is one of the keys to performing well in cross-cultural environments. It is a repertoire of knowledge about how cultures are alike and different.
1. Understanding cultural similarities and differences2. How to boost your CQ Knowledge
5 questions, 1 poll,
8. Online Component 3: CQ StrategyOnline at your own time and pace. | 30 MinutesBy Chih Wee Siow, Associate Trainer & Consultant
In this component, learn how to strategise and make sense of culturally diverse experiences. It is important that each encounter is an opportunity to improve the next interaction through reflection.
1. Develop ways to use your knowledge to plan for new situations2. Learn to monitor, analyse, and adjust your assumptions and behaviours in cultural settings3. How to enhance your CQ Strategy
4 questions, 1 poll,
9. Online Component 4: CQ ActionOnline at your own time and pace. | 30 MinutesBy Chih Wee Siow, Associate Trainer & Consultant
This final component will conclude with you learning that verbal and non-verbal actions need to be appropriate when interacting cross-culturally.
1. Understand that the first three components have to be translated into action.2. You will need the full range of behaviours and to use them based on the context.3. How to strengthen your CQ Action
5 questions, 1 poll, 2 contributions,
10. Conclusion: Review & ReflectionOnline at your own time and pace | 30 MinutesBy Chih Wee Siow, Associate Trainer & Consultant
After understanding and learning the four components of CQ model by David Livermore, what are the takeaways and next course of action to bolster your CQ competencies.
1. Review and reflect on David Livermore's CQ model.
2. What's next?
1 questions, 1 poll, 2 contributions,
11. Additional Information on CQAdditional Information | 30 MinutesBy Chih Wee Siow, Associate Trainer & Consultant
APEX Management Consulting
Building Your Cultural Intelligence (CQ) Competencies