Impoving Your Cultural Intelligence (CQ) DIY Learning Circle
Who is it for
Globalization is no longer an option but a necessity, especially in the environs of Singapore. We may be a small cosmopolitan city but our larger engagements internationally are critical for business and usually unavoidable socially. So it is imperative that we increase our competencies in relating and interacting with other cultures so as to function effectively and successfully.
Be prepared to learn in this course on how to improve your cultural intelligence (CQ) competencies using a model that is systematic and easy to follow.
First, discover a little of who you really are in the onboarding session and begin to appreciate what the premise of Cultural Intelligence and how it applies to you. We will introduce a simple but holistic model that will set you on a course of increasing your cultural intelligence.
The digital sessions thereafter will provide bite sized sessions for you to learn the each components of the model. You will get insights and understanding so that you may apply the concepts practically with understanding and comprehension.
With the completion of the course, the model will become a part of your life and guiding you through the tricky cultural interactions and making you better in CQ compared to your peers!
Understand your Cultural Intelligence (CQ) level now!
Learn a CQ model to improve your competencies in interacting in cross-cultural encounters.
Kick-start your personal engagements with greater CQ savvy and start winning.
Become part of the CQ community to help each other!
Burning desire to learn, apply and improve.
Reflecting on learning from the workshop and how it applies to me. Applying/adjusting as you navigate in cross cultural interations both at work and leisure.
Topics and agenda
1. A Warm WelcomeDigital On boarding | 15 Minutes
Get all participants on board and do a bit of practice
To achieve a sense of comfort in our digitally-blended learning environment
2. Part 1 - CQ Intro - Why CQ?Workshop | 25 Minutes
Provide an introduction to the Cultural Intelligence (CQ).
Why Cultural Intelligence (CQ)?
3. Part 2 - CQ Intro - CultureWorkshop | 25 Minutes
What and Why of culture?
4. Part 3 - CQ Intro - Who are you?Workshop | 15 Minutes
To learn and understand about oneself.
5. Part 4 - CQ Intro - CQ ModelWorkshop | 40 Minutes
Introduction to the Livermore CQ Model and application.
6. Online Component 1: CQ DriveOnline at your own time and pace | 30 Minutes
This online session will provide a more in-depth look into the David Livermore's first CQ component called the CQ Drive.
1. Understand what is CQ Drive 2. Learn what's your motivation to interact cross-culturally 3. How to improve your CQ Drive
7. Online Component 2: CQ KnowldegeOnline at your own time and pace | 30 Minutes
CQ Knowledge is one of the keys to performing well in cross-cultural environments. It is a repertoire of knowledge about how cultures are alike and different.
1. Understanding cultural similarities and differences2. How to boost your CQ Knowledge
8. Online Component 3: CQ StrategyOnline at your own time and pace. | 30 Minutes
In this component, learn how to strategise and make sense of culturally diverse experiences. It is important that each encounter is an opportunity to improve the next interaction through reflection.
1. Develop ways to use your knowledge to plan for new situations2. Learn to monitor, analyse, and adjust your assumptions and behaviours in cultural settings3. How to enhance your CQ Strategy
9. Online Component 4: CQ ActionOnline at your own time and pace. | 30 Minutes
This final component will conclude with you learning that verbal and non-verbal actions need to be appropriate when interacting cross-culturally.
1. Understand that the first three components have to be translated into action.2. You will need the full range of behaviours and to use them based on the context.3. How to strengthen your CQ Action
10. Conclusion: Review & ReflectionOnline at your own time and pace | 30 Minutes
After understanding and learning the four components of CQ model by David Livermore, what are the takeaways and next course of action to bolster your CQ competencies.
1. Review and reflect on David Livermore's CQ model.
2. What's next?
11. Additional Information on CQAdditional Information | 30 Minutes
A multi-skilled, business-focused and results-oriented leader with strong leadership, influencing & interpersonal skills. Specific skills in functions as diversified as Human Resources (HRM & HRD), Operations & Sourcing. Held leadership roles at Global, Regional, and Country levels, in both manufacturing plants as well as commercial organizations from Japan, U.S.A, Malaysia and the Middle-East. Lived and worked in Singapore, Malaysia, Italy and the U.S.A.
Areas of HR experience and expertise include:
otleadership development and coaching;
ottotal rewards programs;
otperformance management & talent/succession management;
othuman resource due diligence and post-merger business/cultural integration
othigh performance work systems;
APEX Management Consulting Pte Ltd
Building Your Cultural Intelligence (CQ) Competencies